Tuesday, June 12, 2012

my little homage to the hero

i never was a fan of Rizal and i guess that was caused by one of my grade school teachers mocking him that the only thing he did was just write and that's not as huge as what the likes of Bonifacio did when they actually fought in the battlefields back then. she really got me convinced that the latter should have been the national hero, instead and this was what i believed in until just recently when i got to visit the ever-famous Intramuros last March. having a glimpse on some parts of the life of Rizal was like a revelation to me. i sound blonde here but just a disclaimer, though i aced history back then, i just hated the subject. chos.




his writings were genius and having seen them inscribed on the walls, floor, and some adornments inside the Rizal Shrine made me feel proud like i've never been before to be a Filipino. even just his journal entries were a work of art and if he were a blogger today, he'd be the most phenomenal and revered one. it really made sense to me now how a pen is mightier than a sword.

his love for the country was so undoubtedly true, it gave me chills when i was inside this room of illuminated words of his.














my tour guide for that day, Riz of lamyerda.com




























Carlos V. Francisco's painting of the execution was the one on the spotlight in the dark receiving hall of the building.




























this has got to be my most worthwhile educational trip(which was not what i intended at first). i hope people would take the time to really know why Jose Rizal was made our national hero for in that way that an ignorant like i once was would understand that it's not just about his writing, but how he exemplified to everyone from his time up to now an ideal Filipino. again, it makes me just so proud.

happy independence day!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Independence Day ReyFi!! :) I miss traveling with you! :(

    ReplyDelete